Catholic Inspection & Catholic Life
As a Roman Catholic school, the teaching of RE is our core purpose. The religious programme, ‘Come and See’ is the core RE scheme at St. Joseph’s. This scheme is used by most schools within the Diocese of Middlesbrough. Links are made with the children’s own experiences and the curriculum is adapted to make it real and meaningful to our children.
It is important to us that our children see themselves as part of a wider community. To ensure we have real and lasting experiences we have a planned programme of visits to places of worship so that children can learn about the many similarities between major world religions.
Alongside this formal teaching of RE, children take part in Acts of Collective Worship each day. They also take part in class and whole school Masses and liturgies.
We are very pleased that the hard work and commitment of staff in ensuring that our children are given a firm grounding in our Catholic faith was praised so highly in our last Diocesan Inspection in February 2019. We are very proud of our children, their behaviour and attitude.
We are delighted to share the RE inspection report with you.
- Section 48 Report Feb 2019.pdf pdf374.9 KbApr 23rd, 2019
- St Josephs IR Report 25.05.17.pdf pdf213.7 KbMar 17th, 2019
- Rosary Club.pdf pdf157.8 KbMar 17th, 2019
- Chaplaincy team.pdf pdf168.0 KbMar 17th, 2019
- Wednesday Word.pdf pdf129.6 KbMar 17th, 2019
- Statements to Live By.pdf pdf68.0 KbMar 17th, 2019
- First Holy Communion.pdf pdf56.8 KbMar 17th, 2019