Our School Council meet every Tuesday. Children from Y1-6 make up the group and they help to develop pupil voice and children’s rights.
The School Council develop, improve and discuss new ideas on how to improve our school, help and support our community and the world.
Each class has a School Council ideas book to enable all children to put forward their ideas.
In 2018-19 the School Council:
- researched and presented a whole school project on recycling and healthy eating.
- devised and sent out a parent questionnaire about lunchtimes.
- set up break time boxes for each class.
- worked on Children’s Rights and Global Goals.
- made decisions on afterschool clubs.
- supported Children in Need with PJ day.
- organised a Christmas jumper day.
- organised a litter pick.
- fundraised for Alexa so children could listen to music at lunchtimes and in class. Children choose their class playlists.
In 2019-20 the School Council will:
- be fundraising for our regular charities and sponsored child in Africa.
- be looking at Unicef 30 years of Rights.
- be planting trees.
- We raised £168 for Children in Need.
School Council 2019-20